Library for Economic Sciences
Exceptions during the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis
- Campus cards are required to access the building. The public does not have access to the Library for Economic Sciences at the moment.
- Note that the group rooms are currently not used as grouprooms but still open for individual work. It is not possible to reserve a room in advance.
- The quiet study hall is open but with fewer seats.
“Hyllan” one flight up - individual study spaces, low voice
Quiet study halls (2 tables that can be raised and lowered)
Public computers at tables that can be raised and lowered
Various spaces for groups or individual work
You can borrow available books and books that you have ordered or are on a waiting list for when the information counter is not staffed. Books for pickup are to the right when you enter the library. Use the self-service machine for borrowing books at the information counter.
You can extend the loan period of a borrowed book at My loans.
You can return books outside of the library’s opening hours. You can also return books at one of our other libraries. Use the self-service machine for returning books outside the entrance.
Food and drink
- No food is allowed in the library.
- Water and coffee are allowed if you have a top on your cup or bottle.
- There is a cafe, lunch restaurant, and a pantry with microwave ovens in other parts of the building.
- Ekonomic History
- Business Studies
- Commercial Law
- Information Systems
- Human Geography
- Media and Communication Studies
- Human-Computer Interaction
The same books might also be available at other libraries.
Finding your way in the collections
- Course books are straight ahead to the left when entering the library.
- Annual reports – the room immediately to the right.
- Periodicals – to the left in the main room. Not available for checking out!
- Lexicons and dictionaries – in the quiet reading hall.
- Reports and older editions of periodicals are provided by staff. Ask for assistance at the information counter.
The entrances closest to the carpark and into the library have door openers, but there are not any intothe quiet reading hall or to the group rooms. Contact the information counter and we will come assist you in entering the building.
All the computers are on tables that can be raised and lowered.
Parking for visitors with handicap parking permits is outside the south-eastern part of the building (toward the Observatory).
How to find us
Street address: Kyrkogårdsg. 10
Postal address: Box 513, 751 20 UPPSALA