Carolina Rediviva/Carolina Library
Exceptions during the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis
- Some computers on the ground floor are unavailable.
- The microwaves are not in use.
Quiet study halls: 3
- Study Hall A, entrance floor 82
- Study Hall B, entrance floor 46
- TLS (Periodical Reading Room) floor 6 62
Group rooms 0
Various areas for group work or individual studies 716
Special Collections Reading Rooms
Carolina Rediviva has two special collections reading rooms where you can study older materials, maps and picture material.
Lockers and book cabinets
Lockers are available in the cafe area on the entrance floor. You can choose your own code and store your valuables in the locker until the library closes for the day.
Book cabinets are available for storing in-house use materials at Carolina Rediviva for longer periods. We give priority to Uppsala University researchers or students writing their theses.
Food and drink
- Food and drink may only be consumed in the café area.
- You can bring your own food/beverages to the upper level of the café area. There are also vending/coffee machines at the uppe level.
- The restaurant Café Carolina is placed on the entrance floor:
Café Carolina offers lunch and fika. When Café Carolina is closed, you are welcome to use the area for studying.
More about Café Carolina
- African and Comparative Archaeology
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- The Humanities Programme
- History of Science and Ideas
- Art History
- Computer Linguistics
- Classical Languages
- Comparative Literature and Rhetoric
- Anthropology and Ethnology
- Archival Science
- Library and Information Science
- Museum and Heritage Studies
- Centre for Multidisciplinary Studies on Racism (CEMFOR)
- Gender Studies
The same books might also be available at other libraries.
Computers for the Swedish newspapers database
There is a lift to take you from the entrance on floor 4 to floors 5, 6 and 9.
The door to the Maps and Pictures reading room on floor 3 is locked. Visitors need permission from the Maps and Pictures staff. If a visitor has mobility issues, the material can be viewed in the special collections reading room.
Level 4 – entrance floor
There is no lift to floor 4½ in C Hall. The Riksdag material available on this floor can only be accessed by steps. Ask at the information counter for assistance in collecting the material you need.
A Hall has some material in the apse that is two steps up from the rest of the hall and some material is also in the galleries. Ask at the information counter for assistance in collecting the material you need.
B Hall has two entrances with doors. Neither of the doors has a door opener but one of the doors is usually left wide open. There is some material in the galleries that is only accessible by steps. Ask at the information counter for assistance in collecting the material you need.
The doors to the Special Collections Reading Room are usually left wide open. The galleries in the Special Collection Reading Room are only accessible by steps. Ask at the information counter for assistance in collecting the material you need.
The microfilm room is directly accessible by lift.
The Periodicals Reading Room, TLS, on floor 6 is reached through two doors from the lift. The doors have door openers.
The open stacks can be reached using the lift.
A parking spot is available for visitors with handicap parking permission on the south-eastern side of Carolina Rediviva (toward the English Park Campus).
How to find us
Street address: Carolina Rediviva, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 1
Postal address: Box 510, 751 20 UPPSALA