Changes at the Library related to COVID-19/Corona
Further information for researchers - Making your research available, increased access to publications, individual mapping of the most recent research, research data and information on thesis production.
Opening hours and access
Please note that if you are not a student or researcher/employee at Uppsala University, you only have access to Carolina Rediviva, until further notice (See below how to borrow books).
The other libraries are only open for students, researchers and staff at Uppsala University (campus card required). Libraries that are currently completely unstaffed are checked daily, book return boxes are emptied etc. The opening hours may change again*.
Students/researchers/employees at Uppsala University have access. Use the library’s premises restrictively and only when there are special needs. The study area have been further sparse. Do not gather in larger groups. See decision made by the Vice Chancellor.
• Log in to My loans, it may be possible to renew your loans. However, if there is a queue it is not possible to renew the loan.
• Someone else can return the books for you. You can return books at any library within Uppsala University, regardless of where you checked them out as long as you have access to that library.
• If you don't have a campus card, you can return your books in the bookdrop outside of Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, or at Carolina Rediviva in the return box placed in the entrance hall.
• You can send your books by mail, please use padded envelopes. Addresses can be found under "Contact us" on Opening hours and contact.
• If it is impossible for you to renew or return your loans, please contact Ask the Library
Check out books
All checkouts are made on site at the Library - we do not send books by mail. Note that others can pick up and check out books for you:To use a self-service machine they need your pin code and either your personal ID-number or your campus/library card number. To check out books in the staffed information desks, they need to bring both your ID and their own.
If you are not a student or researcher/employee at Uppsala University
You may borrow books from all of our libraries (except course literature) by ordering them to the Carolina Library. Pick "Carolina Rediviva" as pick-up location when making a request.
It is still possible to order interlibrary loans (though, at the moment, only from Swedish libraries and a few libraries abroad). However, a lot of libraries have temporarily shut down their interlibrary loan service. Therefore, access to material might be limited.
We are in dialogue with several departments about the need for alternatives to printed books. Teachers are welcome to contact us to discuss possibilities to replace print literature with e-books. Course books available at a certain library can not be ordered for pick-up at another library.
- We are glad to help you via phone, chat or e-mail. Contact Ask the Library.
- You can book a session via Zoom to get individual guidance with a librarian. This applies to you who is writing an essay and also to researchers and teachers at UU.
- Students with reading impairments can book an online meeting to register for Legimus.
- If you need help with templates and other questions regarding thesis production, you can use our videos and guides online or sign up for an online session.
Courses and events
- All of our classes and workshops are given online
- As a teacher, you can still request a training session for your students, tailored to their needs. The session will take place digitally, via Studium or Zoom.
Background and measures
*The opening hours and staffing of information desks are limited so that the library's employees have the opportunity to work from home, in line with the Public Health Agency's advice and recommendations.
The restrictions apply until further notice.