Training for students, faculty and staff
Uppsala University Library offers a variety of training to support the teaching and research needs of Uppsala University. Our classes can include one or more of the following topics:
- Information seeking skills
- Citing sources according to different reference styles
- Using reference management software (EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley)
- Source criticism
- Finding and using material from the Special Collections
- Working in the University thesis templates for Word
- Disseminate your research with Wikipedia
- Using software, for example GIS, Python, R, NVivo, Excel
Sign up for a class
You are welcome to request a customized training session for your students, Ph.D students, or a research group. Requests must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance.
Students benefit most from library instruction sessions when:
- The students have just started a research assignment that requires the use of Library resources.
- The instruction sessions are timed appropriately to the assignment due date.
- The regular instructor is present to answer questions about the research assignment.
As a lecturer, researcher or student at Uppsala University, your are welcome to book an appointment with a librarian for help with search strategies, search terms, databases or other information sources. The library also offers assistance in using reference management software (EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley) as well as using NVivo (software for qualitative data analysis).
Watch instructional videos on how to apply for a library card, how to find course literature and what support the library can offer students with reading disabilities. You can also get tips on where to search for resources within your subject in our Research Guides.