Short about loans
- Anyone over 18 years old, can get a library card.
- You are responsible for all loans registered on you library card.
- You must inform the Library when you change your postal and e-mail addresses.
- Replacement cost for a lost card is 50 SEK.
- Home Loan, guaranteed loan period 30 days.
- Set course books (Course collections) are available either as reference copies, 7 day loans or 1 day loans.
- In-house loans may be used only inside the Library.
- You may return your loans at any subject library, regardless of where you borrowed it.
RENEW YOUR LOANS
- You can renew your loans at My loans.
- You may renew your loans twice.
- You may not renew books that have been reserved by someone else.
You may request items that are out on loan in the library system and choose any pick-up location. In the library catalogue you can see if there are additional requests for the item in the queue.
You can see your place in the reservation queue if you log on to My loans.
The following rules apply for books in the open stacks:
- To borrow an available book in an open stack, you need to go to the library where the book is located and pick the book up yourself.
- When you request a book from a closed stack, you need to choose the library where the book is located as the pick-up location.
- Researchers and employees at the university and the hospital may request an available book for pick-up at any other subject library.
- You are responsible for returning your loans on time. You can see when to return your loans and if there are recalls by logging in into My loans.
- As a service to our users the library send reminders and other messages. These message are primarily sent by e-mail.
- You will receive a recall notice when you have had a book too long or if someone else is waiting for it.
- If you do not return or renew a loan within 18 days after the first recall notice, you must pay a processing fee of SEK 250 for each item.
Payment may be made via the Library’s plusgiro account 18 35 32-1, enter your name and the barcode or title of the book. It is also possible to pay at our libraries, they offer different payment options. Please contact Ask the Library for more information.
- You are required to reimburse the cost of materials you have lost. The cost is at least 600 SEK (standard cost), but if the purchase price is higher than 600 SEK, you will pay the actual cost for that material, plus the processing fee of 250 SEK.
- The processing fee of SEK 250 will always be paid, even if you have found and returned the material.
- Payment may be made via the Library’s plusgiro account 18 35 32-1, enter your name and the barcode or title of the book. It is also possible to pay at our libraries, they offer different payment options. Please contact Ask the Library for more information.
For more information, see the Rules for using Uppsala University Library.