Library catalogues A-Z
Read more about how to search our collections.
- Alvin. A platform for digital collections and digitized cultural heritage, but also a catalogue of material not yet digitized. In Alvin you find authors' archives and other personal archives, posters, portraits, letters, sketch books etc. The database is now holding over 70 000 records and grows every day.
- Aurivillius and Inventariet (the Inventory) (Pehr Fabian Aurivillius, Catalogus Bibliothecae Regiae Academiae Upsaliensis). Catalogue of the books and periodicals that were held at Uppsala University Library in 1796. A large part of the material has been transferred to Catalogue - 1962, start the search there. The Inventory is a list of books and periodicals according to older inventory numbers (subject denomination and serial number) up to and including 1796. Only used together with the Aurivillius catalogue.
- Bibliotheca Walleriana. Catalogue of medical and natural science literature (printed circa 1490s – 1940s) from the Waller collections.
- Bruno. The Library’s digital letter database. Because of the Personal Data Act (PUL) it is not available online, but can be consulted in the special reading rooms.
- Catalogue - 1962. Catalogue of books and periodicals in the University Library kept up to and including 1962. Part of the contents, but far from everything, is also available in the Uppsala University Library’s search system.
- Catalogue 1963. (Not available digitally.) Card catalogue for printed matter, received by the Library between 1963 and 1975. The catalogue can be searched at the Carolina Library. Part of the contents is also available in the Uppsala University Library’s search system.
- DISA is both a Library Catalogue and a circulation system. Log in to see your loans and reservations and search for printed books and articles.
- DiVA - search for theses and other publications from not only Uppsala University but also others, mostly Swedish, universities and colleges of higher education. Many of them are in full text. You can limit your search to theses only.
- Düben database. Catalogue of the Düben collection, consisting of vocal and instrumental music from the 17th and early 18th century, mainly manuscripts. A large part of the sheet music has been scanned and is directly available in the database.
- Library Catalogue - Almedalsbiblioteket Gotland. Almedalsbiblioteket is a combined public and university library. In order to borrow, you need a library card at Campus Gotland.
- LIBRIS - search for books at Swedish universities and colleges of higher education.
- ProBok. Database for documentation of bindings and provenances of older prints (up until 1870). The database is under construction and currently contains material from the university libraries of Uppsala and Lund. The database includes data about the design of the binding, material, decoration and owner marking.
- Uppsala University Library Search Tool - search for books and e-books in the Library. Older works that are not found in the search-system may well be found for example in Catalogue 1962.
- Waller catalogue. Catalogue of Dr Erik Waller’s manuscript collection, an autograph collection of importance for history of science, with material from the Middle Ages to the 1950s. It is now searchable through Alvin.
Other catalogues on location at Carolina Rediviva
Considerable parts of the Library’s older collections are listed in catalogues that have not yet been made available digitally – these catalogues can therefore only be read on site in the Library. If you cannot find what you are looking for in the digital catalogues, you should turn to the information at the Carolina Library or the Cultural heritage collections.