There are many different manuscript collections at Carolina Rediviva. In most cases you have to be in the Library itself in order to be able to use the catalogues that the staff at the Section for Special Collection can provide for you. However some can be found in the following digital catalogues:
- Alvin - platform for digital collections and digitized cultural heritage, among which archives of individuals, families and organisations kept at Uppsala University Library and in other libraries.
- Catalogue of the manuscripts according to subject - An online version of the Library's manuscript collection according to subject
- Catalogue of medieval manuscripts - an online version of the Library's Western Manuscripts (in German).
- Catalogue of the Nordin Collection - an online version of the Nordin manuscript collection catalogue available as PDFs.
- Catalogue of the Palmskiöld Collection - an online version of the Palmskiöld manuscript collection catalogue available as PDF.
- Waller catalogue - the catalogue of Dr. Erik Waller's collection of manuscripts. It is one of the largest historical autograph collections, i.e. letters and other original manuscripts written by scientists, doctors, philosophers, humanists, politicians and explorers from all over the world. The collection covers the period from the Middle Ages to the 1950s. All the documents have been scanned and are available online.
- Catalogue of the Persian manuscripts – a PDF version of the catalogue of the library’s Persian manuscripts (in Persian). English version
N.B. Please note that the above catalogues represent at present a small part of the manuscript collections at Uppsala University Library. The staff at the Special reading Room is happy to assist you in your search.
Phone: 018-471 39 00
Phone and chat available weekdays 9-18.